Thursday, June 7, 2012

Visit to Doc was an eye opener



I visited the doctor today. It's been 13 days since my foot operation and today I got a quick look see at the back of my right heel. It isn't pretty! There's an L-shaped dark figure with somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 staples visible. I think the L stands for loco -- as in crazy for having the operation done.

Guys, I'm in for a long haul. They fitted me for a boot and I go back in six days and have those god awful staples taken out. Supposedly, there are two anchors (they call them) inside my heel which dissolve in time, at least there's no bolts or screws to worry about. The doctor says it'll be a year before I really discover if the operation was a complete success or not. Til then, it is more down time, no driving and of course, no playing ball. This week I still can't put any weight on the foot, even with the boot on. Down the road, I hope to be able to drive and of course I have months of rehab to go through.

This old ball player is going to go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment