Friday, June 15, 2012

A trip at the movies

It's been 21 days since my foot operation, so I thought I'd celebrate by getting out of the house and take in a movie with my better half. With my trusty crutches and my right foot in a boot, Sue and I headed to Park Mall to see the Tom Cruise flick, Rock of Ages. I hobbled into the theater and we took the elevator to the main floor. I made my way up seven steps and sat down in an aisle seat and we prepared to watch Cruise and his supporting cast rock out for two hours. Rock of Ages turned out to be an x-rated Grease, but the rock and roll music was outstanding. Following the movie, I quickly hopped down the seven steps and made a quick right. With 50 people behind me, I preceded to trip and fall on my face as my crutches and my glasses went flying. It kinda reminded me of sliding in to second base. As luck would have it, I didn't hurt the foot and managed to get back up, using my good  foot. We made it home without any further incidents. My crutches look like they have been through batting practice. I'll try to venture out of  the house again in a few days. Oh well, such is the life of a 67-year-old broken down baseball player. 

No comments:

Post a Comment