Friday, June 1, 2012

one week in the books



It's been just one week since my foot operation. One week on my back with very little to do...just wait for the pain to come and go...take the pain killers and watch the clock. Somewhere, my teammates are playing baseball, while I squirm in front of the television hour after hour. I'm catching up on the soap operas, The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful. The plots move slower than I do and the characters need a score card to keep up with who's with whom from one week to the next.

I think I should come up with my own soap opera about an old ball player who just  wouldn't quit playing baseball...until a doctor comes along and single handily ruins his "days of summer". And maybe, the fall, the winter and the spring, too. The old coot moves to Genoa City and a string of unsolved crimes suddenly send the  local  District Attorney bonkers. All the orthopedic centers in a 500-mile radius have been vandalized...damaged beyond repair.

The only clue a Louisville Slugger left in the doorway.

No comments:

Post a Comment