Friday, August 17, 2012

Time to get serious in the gym



It's been three months since my foot operation. It's time to get serious in the gym. My final rehab appointment is slated for Tuesday and it's time to take advantage of the Silver Sneaker Program at my local fitness center. I went 10 miles on the stationary bike yesterday and hit the weight room. I did some light lifting and stretching. The foot looks pretty good, except for a nice L-shaped scar, which will probably be a permanent fixture.

I managed to throw the ball around earlier in the week, just moments before my Tucson Old Timers (TOTS) teammates took the field for one of their weekly games. It felt good just to toss the ball around. I'm trying my best to stay off the playing field and give it another month. It's hard to believe that September is just around the corner. Heck, two weeks from tomorrow is the Arizona Wildcats' first football game as Toledo comes to town for the opener. Of course, my goal is to play in the Men's Senior Baseball League (MSBL) World Series, scheduled for mid-October in Phoenix. Two months to get this thing in gear. Wish me luck!

Photo: Yours truly. It's a long road back.

No comments:

Post a Comment