Thursday, August 23, 2012

Final rehab in the books



Still on the DL.

I had my final rehab visit on Tuesday. I still have some stiffness and a lot of kinks to workout. Most of the soreness seems to be just above the right ankle. According to the physical therapist, I just need to keep going with the exercises and keep stretching. I went to the ball field yesterday and I wanted to play, but my teammates on the Tucson Old Timers (TOTS) talked me out of it. I did take some cuts during batting practice and made a hand full of practice throws, but then walked off the field and headed for the health club.

I'll see where I'm at in another 10 days. It's been quite a haul since the operation on May 25, and I'm trying my best not to push it. The big question: Can I push off on the foot after I make contact with the ball in the batter's box? I hope to find out that answer around the first of September.

No comments:

Post a Comment