Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My fantasy football draft



The automatic draft in my UPC Hood Fantasy Football League took place overnight.

Once again, the top NFL quarterbacks found there way to the other nine teams in our 10-team league.

It could be worse as my team, Team Priceless, did end up with Dallas quarterback Tony Romo. I'm allowed a second QB to come off the bench and the auto draft selected Oakland's Carson Palmer, but I think I'll try to pick up Baltimore's Joe Flacco off of waivers. I'm not sure Palmer is going to score me a lot of fantasy points this season. The Palmer-Flacco deal will be the first of many moves I'll make this year.

 I'm fairly strong with receivers as I obtained Hakeem Nicks (NYG), Jeremy Maclin (Phi), DeSean Jackson (Phi) and Percy Harvin (Min). I did get lucky at tight end as I pick up former Wildcat Rob Gronkowski (NE) and I also will have two pretty good running backs in Chris Johnson (TEN) and DeMarco Murray (DAL). I will have kicker Dan Bailey, also of Dallas, and my defense will be the Philadelphia Eagles. So my  Team Priceless  roster has a Cowboys-Eagles flavor to it. I'm not to crazy with my boys on the bench, which includes Jonathan Stewart (RB-Carolina), Santonio Holmes (WR-NYJ), Laurent Robinson (WR-JAC) and tight end Jacob Tenne of Denver, the latter, of course, will be seldom used if Gronkowski stays healthy.

All in all, not too bad of a draw. A lot better than last year, I must admit. Let's tee it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment