Wednesday, August 8, 2012

75 days!



It's been 75 days since my foot operation. Seventy-five days! It seems like 75 months.

 I'm happy to report I'm on the mend. I'm into my second week of rehab and hope to end the rehab process before the end of the month. I threw the boot away last week. It now sits in my closet along with five pairs of tennis shoes that I never wear. Could I possibly be back on the ball field by the middle of September? I've hit the health club a couple of times and started working on my upper body. I'm up to 20 minutes on a stationary bike, so things are looking up. Hopefully, I'm on track for my version of "spring training" in September and just maybe I'll be ready for the Men's Senior Baseball League (MSBL) World Series in Phoenix in mid October.

In the meantime, I'll continue to pluck away on my laptop. By the way, I finally burned out my old laptop and was forced to purchase a more updated model. It's called a MacBook Air and so far it keeps up with my daily words of wisdom.  My blog recently reached a thousand posts, plus a couple of unpublished stories (you can find those in my pages section). I must admit, I'm tired of sitting. This old timer is ready to get back on the ball field.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment