Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Team Priceless wins opener


UPC Hood Fantasy Football League

Team Priceless


As the owner of Team Priceless, I guess you could say I'm a happy camper this week as I win my opener in the UPC Hood Fantasy Football League.

I received 35 fantasy points from my quarterback Drew Brees (New Orleans) and 16 from wide receiver DeSean Jackson (Philadelphia) as I win easily, 117-91, over my first-round foe, Nuts to Butts.

Of course, I could have made it a lot easier on myself if I had started Eli Manning (NYGiants) at quarterback and Denver tight end Julius Thomas. I gave them the weekend off and what do they do? Manning records 49 fantasy points and Thomas, in a big surprise, brings home 23 points.

It's pretty much a no-brainer to go with Brees, so I don't feel too bad about that one. Thomas, on the other hand, out-totaled my starter at tight end, Green Bay's Jermichael Finley, 23-11.

The six winners in the first week of my 12-team fantasy league include: Trojan Girl, Team Arps, Three Feet Right, Mega Powers, Nut Rub and Team Priceless. The six losers include: Blitz, Nuts to Butts, Peach Fuzz Manholes, A-Team, Suh-nami and Assassins.

The top individual point-getter in the fantasy league this week goes to Peyton Manning (Denver). Manning throws seven TD passes and amasses 462 yards for 70 fantasy points as the Broncos beat  Baltimore. Peyton's brother, Eli (who I benched this week), finishes second in the league this week with his 49 points.

As for my pick of Brees, chances are I'll continue to pencil in the Saints quarterback in my starting lineups. Brees is rated No. 1 in most fantasy leagues. I might get burned again, but I'll take my chances. At any rate, my Week 1 results turned out pretty good. Some owners really got burned this week with the choices they made at the starting quarterback position.

For instance, the owner of the A-Team (Don H.) owns Peyton Manning, but he went with Andrew Luck. The Indy quarterback threw two touchdown passes, but amassed just 28 fantasy points, compared to the 70 Mr. Manning put up.

That's the way it goes in fantasy football.






No comments:

Post a Comment