Tuesday, September 27, 2011

While I was away...



I've been in the Rocky Mountains for the better part of the past six days, attending my son's wedding, which took place 70 miles east of Grand Junction, Colorado, way up in the high country. The wedding went off without a hitch and it came with a reception, which included a down-home country band with a fiddler who was out of this world.

My son and his bride took their vows in front of a log cabin, amongst hundreds of giant Aspen trees and surrounded late at night by plenty of critters -- included more than likely a moose or two and a bear (the grizzly has been leaving his mark near the area the past few months).

The one downer of the trip: I picked up the stomach flu on our last day there and the trip down the mountain was not much fun. And to top it off, my better half, Sue Crain, followed suit with the 24-hour virus by the time we hit Sedona on Monday afternoon. Sue is still under the weather and I'm setting here, typing away on the hotel computer.

We hope to make it home this afternoon, barring anymore mishaps. By the way, when our trip started last Thursday morning I left the rear door slightly ajar when I backed out of the driveway and damaged my car and the garage door. We called a repairman at four o'clock in the morning. He fixed the garage door and we were on our way five hours late. My car has minimal damage, but still, what a bummer. At any rate, it stands to reason we didn't have too much communication with the outside world over the weekend...NO ESPN!

So, I'm catching up this morning. For starters, my Fantasy Football team got slaughtered again as my Team Priceless lost handily to the undefeated Assassins and I see my beloved Arizona Wildcats fell victim to Oregon, 56-31. What a bummer! But I see that my Diamondbacks got it done with a three-game sweep of the San Francisco Giants. Congrats, D'backs on winning the NL West. I see the D'backs are still in a battle with the Brewers for the coveted home-field advantage in the first round of the playoffs with just two games remaining on the regular season schedule -- tonight, and Wednesday night against the visiting LA Dodgers. Phillies or Atlanta, what's the difference? Plenty! But, the Diamondbacks are in, that's the good news. What a season!

Well, I guess I'd better get off this contraption, check on the better half, and head down I-17.

No comments:

Post a Comment