Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hands down for yours truly...



Well, I've got more bad news. I, reluctantly, kept my appointment with the hand doctor yesterday. Diagnosis: My thumb joints are shot! The left hand and wrist is worse than the right, but both need surgery. I have a hand full of bone spurs in my left thumb area, along with arthritis at the base. Of course, that's my glove hand and I guess I've probably played with the injury for a few years now.

The Doc says it can't get much worse, so he says if my pain from my right foot injury (fractured bone spur) eases, then go ahead and play in the Men's Senior Baseball League (MSBL) World Series, scheduled for late October in Phoenix. But, come November or December, and if I want to continue to play baseball the way I like to play it, then I probably need three surgeries. The Doc shook his head and said Cortisone shots wouldn't change a thing. I'm gonna tape myself up and practice with the Tucson Golden Aces, our MSBL World Series team, on Saturday at Reid Park. We'll see if the foot is any better. Let's hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment