Wednesday, September 28, 2011

How can you bet against the Phillies?



I'm backing my Arizona Diamondbacks and will sit on the edge of my seat as they head into postseason play, but the scary team out there is the Phillies. The only team this season to top the 100-mark in wins and with a pitching rotation which is power-plus in Halladay, Lee, Hamels and Oswalt. And on offense, they have this scary dude with 115 RBI by the name of Ryan Howard. Yes, he has heel and ankle problems (kinda like me), but if I could hit the ball up against the fences, or over, like he does, I might consider going to the MSBL World Series.

If I could hit the ball one-quarter as far as he does, I'd be able to hobble around the bases. Unfortunately, I have to run around the bases and he doesn't. Enough about me. I'm through for the year with my fractured heel spur, bad thumb joints and back pain. Still having a tough time letting go of that. One thing is for sure, the teams that take on the Phillies in the postseason are going to have their hands full. If it turns out to be Arizona, let's hope the Diamondbacks can get hot with the bats and get it done. The D'backs did beat Halladay earlier in the year, but beating him again is gonna be tough.

However it pans out, I'll be watching. October is just three days away and it looks like I'll be in my easy chair, taking in all the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment