Sunday, October 28, 2012

Reading the Sunday paper this morning was downright fun!



Reading the Sunday paper this morning was downright fun!

After all, how many times in recent years has the Arizona Wildcats beaten the powerful USC Trojans.

I predicted a 42-40 win for my Wildcats. Well, I wasn't too far off. The final: Arizona 39, USC 36. Let me type that one more time. Arizona 39, USC 36. As for the Wildcats' quarterbacks, well we've had Willie, and Nick, and the list goes on, but have we had a warrior like Matt Scott. Great Scott! That's what I'll call him for now on.

Scott leads his team back from a 28-13 deficit, ends up with 369 passing yards, 100 rushing yards, completes 27 of 50 passes, rushes for a TD and throws three TD passes, the last one the most important one -- a 7-yard pass to David Richards, which puts the 'Cats up, 39-28. And did I mention Scott threw the go-ahead TD just moments after he took a hit, helmet to helmet, and vomited on the field of play. Scott is a warrior and I hope he's back on the field at UCLA, at home against Colorado, on the road at Utah and home for the finale, against those guys from Tempe.

I think I'll take a break from writing and go back and read the Sunday paper again. Congrats, Wildcats!

No comments:

Post a Comment