Wednesday, November 30, 2011

TOTS Baseball Game of the Week



It was a real pitching duel at Udall Park this morning in a Tucson Old Timers (TOTS) matchup.

Seventy-year-old right-hander Arnie White went at it with yours truly. White, who spends the winter in Tucson and the summer months in Montana, threw seven innings of shutout ball, allowing just six hits, while striking out one and walking just two batters. As for me, it is hard to believe I'm back pitching again. I went the distance, allowing seven hits, while striking out five and walking just two.

This afternoon, I'll need to get the old ice bag out, put it over my right arm, curl up on the sofa and give this 66-year-old body some down time. By the way, Arnie's TOTS team won 4-0, thanks to an unearned run in the first inning, another in the third and two earned runs in the sixth. Once again it was 62-year-old Dennis Crowley, Arnie's lead-off batter, who ended up causing me the most problems. The Boston lefty went 3 for 3 and scored three times.

As for my team, we just couldn't get anything going, offensively. Oh well, there's always next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment