Friday, November 11, 2011

Off to a good start in Fantasy League



My Fantasy Football League: I'm off to a good start this week in the UPC Hood Fantasy Football League. I owe the good start this week to Oakland's running back Michael Bush, who gained 157 yards rushing, hauled in 85 receiving yards and scored one touchdown last night in the Raiders' 24-17 win over San Diego. That's 32 fantasy points.

I ended up with a 40-0 head start on my opponent, the Sticky Bandits, as I picked up two points from San Diego receiver Vincent Jackson (he was defensed well last night) and six markers from the Chargers running back Mike Tolbert. The bad news: I elected not to start Carson Palmer, who did well once again (from a fantasy stand point)as he led the Raiders to victory. Also, I'm down to nine players, going into Sunday's action, while my opponent has all his spots available -- including Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Still, my Team Priceless has a good shot at making it five in a row and improving to 5-5 on the season.

What was a dismal outlook just a few weeks ago when I was at 0-5, is changing rapidly.

No comments:

Post a Comment