Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm back with the TOTS!



I returned to the ball field today. I still can't run worth a darn, but I did manage to get two hits in four trips to the plate and, surprisingly, I was able to hobble around the bases without calling for a pinch runner. Last week, I played in two games with the TOTS and went 3 for 7, so I'll at least head into action on Friday at Udall Park with a respectable batting average.

I'm a little rusty at third base, but hopefully, I'll do better next week. The fractured bone spur in my right heel seems to be better, at least good enough to allow me to play a seven-inning game. I have a lot of work ahead of me, just to get back in the swing of things and keep pace with my TOTS' teammates. According to the stats sheet for October, some of the club members are clubbing the ball. For instance, the speed demon on the team, Dennis Crowley, from Boston, led the TOTS in hits with 22. He also walked eight times, scored 17 runs and played in 13 games, while maintaining a .550 batting average. Outfielder Bob Daliege played in just eight games, but went 14 for 25 for a hefty .560 batting average. First baseman Brad Tolson was the big run producer for the month. Tolson knocked in a team-high 13 runs, while collecting 17 hits in 12 games. Billy Heiny led all pitchers with a 3-1 record for the month of October.

Good going, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment