Sunday, September 23, 2012

By the slimmest of margins



The Ravens kicked a field goal tonight in Baltimore (at least I think it was a field goal) as the final seconds ticked away and beat New England, 31-30.

The football sailed high over the goal post and you'd need to be the pilot in a blimp with night vision glasses to ascertain if the kick was inside the right post or not. I certainly couldn't make the call from the replays and I don't see how the referee's were able to sort it out.

But there was no review of the kick and supposedly you can't review a boot that sails higher than the goal post! The referees skedaddled off the field much to the chagrin of New England's coach Bill Belichick. I don't think the refs left because of the game-winning kick, but because they were all so tired of throwing yellow flags.

Wow, what a game! As for me, I was already frustrated as I discovered I'm the worst ever fantasy football owner. I had a choice of using Tony Romo this week, or sitting him and plugging in my reserve quarterback, Joe Flacco. Of course Joe goes bananas and produces 42 fantasy points and in real life leads his Ravens to victory, while Tony, on the other hand, struggles, scoring only six (I'll say it again, just six!) fantasy points in the Cowboys 16-10 win over Tampa Bay today.

By the way, my big fantasy blunder led to an 84-83 loss to suh-nami tonight as my Team Priceless falls to 1-2 in the UPC Hood Fantasy Football League.

No comments:

Post a Comment