Friday, September 14, 2012

38-and-over Blackbirds qualify for Tucson MSBL playoffs



Tucson MSBL

The 38-and-over Blackbirds qualified for the Tucson Men's Senior Baseball League playoffs Thursday with a 14-6 win over the Phillies and will take on the third-seeded Beantown Bombers in the first round next Thursday, Sept. 20, at Reid Park. Game time is set for 7 p.m. with the winner advancing to the semi finals. The Blackbirds garnered the sixth and final seed for the playoffs, while the A's and the Yankees, the top two teams in the division, received first round byes.

Price watch: I hope to suit up for the playoffs. I have played sparingly the last week with the Tucson Old Timers, going 6 for 14 and I have one practice under my belt with our MSBL World Series team, the 70-and-over Arizona Scorpions. It's been 114 days since my foot surgery and I'm still hobbling to first base, but at least I've been able to take the field. It'll be great to rejoin my Blackbirds' teammates, which roster also includes my son, Michael.

MSBL World Series (Phoenix, Arizona)

The Arizona Scorpions completed their first fall practice on Thursday at Udall Park and will have its second practice in Surprise, Arizona on Sept. 20. The schedule is out for the 25th MSBL World Series and the Scorpions will play its opener at Tempe Diablo Stadium against Dodgertown West at 9 a.m on Oct. 15. I've got exactly four weeks left to get rid of the stiffness in my foot.. and a few pounds I have around the middle of which I picked up with the long layoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment