Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Royals relentless, Mets have a Mr. October


MLB Playoffs


The Kansas City Royals are rolling and are one win away from the World Series, while the New York Mets, led by the new Mr. October -- Daniel Murphy, can close out matters today in Chicago.

The Royals own a 3-1 advantage over Toronto, after a 14-2 thumping of the Blue Jays yesterday, while the Cubs are 0-3 against the Mets, who are led by Murphy with six postseason home runs in October -- including another shot yesterday during the Mets 5-2 win in Chicago.

It could all end today for the Blue Jays and the Cubs.

As for me, I haven't had a lot of time to watch the postseason. I'm playing in the Men's Senior Baseball League World Series in Phoenix and play in my fourth straight game today against St. Thomas.

It's not the first time I've played against a team from St. Thomas.  In fact, this may be the seventh time in the last eight years that I've had such an honor.  They are quite a bunch of guys. In fact, over the years they have presented me and my teammates with a bottle of rum, following the game.

We, the San Antonio Texans, play St. Thomas at 2 p.m. at the Salt River Baseball Complex in north Scottsdale, spring training home of the Colorado Rockies and the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Tomorrow, it will be more of the same. We go up against Australia at the Tempe Diablo Baseball Complex. Those boys (70-and-over boys) from down under are another "fun" team to place against.

Win or lose, it'll be a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment