Monday, March 26, 2012

Tiger wins, but my thoughts turn to Arnie



Tiger Woods finally came away with the win over the weekend as he captured the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Tiger is back and the cameras are back on. Look for the viewing percentages on television to go up. With Tiger on the prowl everybody in the golf world watches.

As for me, my thoughts turn to the King, Arnold Palmer (82), who was missing at the tail end of Sunday's action. I hope he's fine, they say he had some blood pressure issues. Back in the 1950s, Palmer was the one to watch. With seven majors to his credit -- the first one way back in 1958 when he won The Masters, Palmer was a real crowd-pleaser back then and my favorite golfer.

Of course, I was in my teens and never held a club in my hand. Starting playing in my 30s and still can't hit that little white ball straight.

But Palmer could. He was the man back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment