Sunday, March 25, 2012

Entering the world of Fantasy Baseball


Finally, I have dove into the world of Fantasy Baseball. A teammate of mine on the Tucson Old Timers baseball team, Ron Petersen, has convinced me, with just a little nudging, to join his fantasy league, called the Weekend Baseball League (WBL). This local league has been around for 30 years...let me say that again...30 years. Talk about being a rookie, I will have to learn fast to keep myself out of the cellar, so to speak. Our draft is coming up on April the 1st and boy do I have a lot to learn in the next seven days. My first try at the fantasy leagues was two years ago when I played in an automatic draft, free (just for fun) football league. I never made the playoffs in 2010 or 2011...but you don't pick the players in that league...the computer does it for you.

This baseball fantasy league, consist of 12 owners -- me being the new kid on the block. I wonder what my chances are of getting Mr. Pujols, or the likes of a Adrian Gonzalez, or a Juston Upton? Right now, I just need to take a deep breath and survive the sit-down, face-to-face draft with the other owners. Wish me luck!

Photo above: My friend and teammate that got me into this, Ron Petersen.

No comments:

Post a Comment