Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Let the playoffs begin


And then there were 10.

After 162 games (163 in some cases) we are down to 10 MLB teams still in the running for the grand prize -- a World Series championship.

Two more will fall by the wayside in the next 48 hours as the Wild Card title games (if you will) get underway as the Reds and the Pirates tangle today, followed on Wednesday with the Rays-Indians matchup.

It's tough to pick a winner this year. The New York Yankees are history and the Texas Rangers bit the dust last night. The Philadelphia Phillies and the San Francisco Giants gave up the ship a month ago.

So, which team will win it all?

My guess: the Boston Red Sox. My heart says: the Cleveland Indians. I guess it's because of all those years of spring training in Tucson and for the fact former University of Arizona standout Terry Francona is the Cleveland manager. The Indians get my vote this year. But, as I have said all year long, watch out for the Atlanta Braves.

I assume Brad Pitt will be cheering on the Oakland A's. As for the LA Dodgers and the St. Louis Cardinals, it is hard to count them out. As for the Detroit Tigers, hats off to former D'back Max Scherzer, but I don't think it's the year of the Tiger.

Seriously, it is hard to pick a winner out of all of the above. One thing is for sure, it'll be an interesting postseason.

No comments:

Post a Comment