Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Bookemdanosports reaches 1600 in posts


This is a special thanks to my readers who have spent the last four years reading my blog.

Bookemdanosports has reached 1,600 posts. Wow! I didn't think I had that much to say. But it has been fun, pecking away at my trusty old laptop, discussing everything from 60-and-over baseball, to Arizona football, basketball and baseball. You name it and I'll talk about it. Whether it's the professional teams like the Arizona Cardinals, the Phoenix Suns, the Coyotes, the Diamondbacks...or the Tucson Old Timers (TOTS) baseball club, everything is fair game.

My blog focuses mainly on the old-time ball player -- the senior athlete who still competes on one ball field or another, in one sport or another, with one common goal: the love of the game.

With October comes the MLB World Series,  more NCAA football and a new Arizona Wildcats basketball season. There's a lot to look forward to in the coming months. As for the TOTS -- the oldest-running baseball team in the country with players ranging in age from 60 to 88 -- they'll continue to play at Udall Park three days a week, enjoying America's favorite pastime.

Many of the TOTS will be heading for Phoenix in mid-October to compete in the Men's Senior Baseball League World Series. This year will be the 26th year of the MSBL World Series as players from all over the country, and the world, compete for titles in the 18-and-over division and all the way up to 75-and-over. More than 3, 000 players will be on hand and 330 teams -- including teams from Australia and the Virgin Islands.

Bookemdanosports will be there, covering the 60-and-over Tucson Aces and the 70-and-over Arizona Scorpions. The Aces will field a team at the event and the entire Aces roster will consist of players from the TOTS, while eight members of the TOTS will play for the 70-and-over Arizona Scorpions.

There's a lot of sports out there to write about. I'll try to continue to do my part.

Thanks again, readers. It's been a fun ride and "we've only just begun." Oops, I'm showing my age. I think the Carpenters made a hit out of that one, back in 1970.

No comments:

Post a Comment