Friday, February 10, 2012

Young man sends my fastball flyin'



TOTS BASEBALL


We have a young man playing for us in the Tucson Old Timers (TOTS) Baseball Club who's had a special waiver, so to speak, for this past year. He's 59 years old and turns 60 in August...and will become a TOT legally.

His name is Tim Tolson, the son of the club's Chairman of the Board, so to speak, Brad Tolson (see post from earlier this week entitled "The Quiet Man"). It will be, and is now for that matter, the first father-son combination on the TOTS since the club's inception way back in 1968. Well, to make a long story short, I pitched against him today...and was doing pretty well, until I grooved a pitch to Tim in the 7th inning of a close ball game.

Tim sent my fastball sailing over the center field fence. And to the delight of the crowd I must add. A half-a-dozen members of the Tolson clan were on hand to watch Brad and Tim at work. It is a pleasure to have both gentlemen on the field of play, and as soon as Tim is legally a TOT, I will make sure he's on my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment