Friday, February 3, 2012

Plan to join 40-and-over MSBL team



It is a scary move, but I'll attempt to practice Sunday, Feb. 12, with my son Michael as we become, if it all works out, a father-son combo on the Mountain Blackbirds of the 40-and-over Tucson Mens Senior League Baseball (MSBL) team. The season starts in April. Together we are a combined 114 years old!

I plan on playing four games next week with my buddies on the over 60-team to prepare just for the practice. There's a big difference between a 40-year-old and a 66-year-old...when it comes to playing baseball. Actually, I'll be 67 in a few months and it is hard to believe, but my son will turn 48 in November.

Chances are, I won't be a starter...and may turn into the team mascot. But, I'll give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment