Friday, February 17, 2012

Thumbs up to all you Caregivers out there



I now have a special admiration for all you Caregivers out there. My better half, Suzy Q, is coming off of hip surgery. The operation was a big success...the Doc did good. But the aftermath, the coming home part...Wow! I'm off the playing field this week and probably next week as well. I've turned into a "Caregiver" and I'm starting to get the hang of it.

At first, I was all thumbs...with my arthritis the way it is in my left and right hand. It's funny, I can play third base, knock down a ball and throw to first, but I can't manage to put on a sock for Sue without some pain of my own. After the mission is accomplished, we both shake our heads. About all we can say afterwards is, "What a pair!" Getting your loved one into bed, or to a comfortable position in the chair or sofa, making of meals (I'm a lousy cook), the quick runs to the medicine cabinet for more pain pills...laundry, taking care of the cats...and other household chores...etc..etc. I can see clearly now, and just simply admire, the people out there who are Caregivers. Hats off to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment