Thursday, February 9, 2012

Diamondbacks




With the Super Bowl safely tucked away, I can now focus with my readers on the Arizona Diamondbacks. My goodness, we are just three weeks away from the first spring training game as the D'backs take on the San Francisco Giants.

Of course, they play up in Phoenix...not here in the Old Pueblo. Darn! I'm still shaking my head over the loss of spring training in Tucson. It looks like the Diamondbacks have bolstered the club a bit with the addition of a starting right-handed pitcher from Oakland (Trevor Cahill) and a left-handed reliever from Minnesota (Craig Breslow). If...and that's a big if, the 2012 regular season opened today the D'backs starting lineup would probably be: Chris Young, Stephen Drew, Upton, Goldschmidt, Montero, Hill, Roberts, Parra, Kennedy. A healthy Drew batting ahead of Upton and Goldy...and Montero, should add some punch to the lineup. And, of course, having Drew back at shortstop for an entire season will help tremendously.

I think the Diamondbacks are looking at a pitching rotation consisting of Kennedy, Hudson, Cahill,Collmenter and Saunders. Not bad! Could be better, I'm not sure what we will get out of Saunders, but he is a scrapper...and a lefty. Can't wait to see Upton and Goldy this season. How about 50 to 60 homers between them, is that possible?

Go, D'backs!

No comments:

Post a Comment