Thursday, February 23, 2012

Tiger survives... barely



It was a beautiful day at Dove Mountain yesterday. It will be more of the same today...and Tiger survived, barely. A lot of upsets on Day 1, the biggest: the Big Easy and his win over Luke Donald. Jim Furyk goes down, but one of my favorites Steve Stricker moves on to Day 2. Woods, Els, and Stricker are my three favorites to advance to Day 3, but anything goes at the WGC-Accenture.

A lot of players battled those awful creosote bushes yesterday as they found themselves chasing down their errant tee shots. That scenario is a normal occurrence for me -- every time I hit the links, which isn't very often anymore. My set of Cobras are resting in a corner of my garage, gathering dust. The pros make it look so easy and the fans, well they are right their within STRIKIN' distance of the players.

I often visualize myself walking up to the first tee with the crowd awaiting my monstrous drive down the fairway. I take my stance, eye the ball, swing...and then rip a shot off of a poor guy's forehead, followed seconds later by the sound of an ambulance and the paramedics to the rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment