Friday, February 24, 2012

The pleasure of their company



The Tucson Mens Senior Baseball League (TMSBL) has been around a while and many very good ball players have filled the rosters of the 30-and-over and 40-and-over teams. I play in a different league called the 60-and-over Tucson Old Timers (TOTS), but I have crossed paths with, played with and against 10 TMSBL Hall of Famers.

All 10 are excellent ball players and it is quite an honor to currently play, and have played over the years with Marc Sewell (inducted 2002),Joe Jimenez (2002), Don Holp (2004), Victor M. Acuna (2006), Bud Warnke (2007), Ernesto Escala (2008), Ozzie Espinoza (2008), Lou Russo (2009), Jesus Felix (2010) and Arnold Mares (2010).

And I'm probably missing the names of a few others. These guys are good! It has been a while since I've seen Warnke. Bud was a teammate of mine on the 1997 Desert Diamond team which won the gold medal in the National Senior Olympics, held at Hi Corbett Field. A heck of a shortstop, Warnke coached at Amphitheater High School for many years. Many of the guys listed above were on the 2010 MSBL World Series team I played on. I enjoyed playing with all of them.

I enjoyed the pleasure of their company.

No comments:

Post a Comment