Wednesday, October 28, 2020

MSBL World Series ends today for Pigpen

 Men's Senior Baseball League World Series

73-and-over division


Pigpen Price had hoped his 13th consecutive Men's Senior Baseball League World Series would be a memorable one.

Instead, Price, 75, couldn't get past the second inning today at Tempe Diablo Stadium.

"The left knee I banged around on Tuesday just didn't get any better today," Price said. The swelling got worse and even started the black and blue process. I got through the first inning and made an assist for the first out of the game, but in the second inning one ball was hit to my left and another to my right. I couldn't move to field either one."

"I walked off the field at Tempe Diablo knowing full well my MSBL World Series was over...maybe for ever," Price added. "Maybe it's time to give up such childish things."

Price said, "It's frustrating. I guess I forget how old I am."

The Arizona Scorpions (1-2) went on to lose 16-3 today and face a doubleheader tomorrow in Peoria and finish up the round-robin with a game on Friday at the Salt River Complex in Scottsdale. They may have to win all three to qualify for the playoffs on Saturday.

The Scorpions will take the field the rest of the way without Pigpen.

Photo: Pigpen Price



No comments:

Post a Comment