Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Another October and still kicking!

 From the desk of Dan Price...




Well, I took a break from my blog for four weeks. Plenty of stuff in the world of sports has gone down.

As we head into October/2023, I have plenty of time on my hands. For the first time since 2009, I will not head to Phoenix to play in the Men's Senior Baseball League (MSBL)World Series, an event I've looked forward to and planned for. The planning was almost as good as the playing. Well, not quite.

Some of my teammates will be there to carry the torch.

I've played on 50-and-over teams, 60-and-over, 70-and-over, 73-and-over and even 75-and-over. My 78-year-old body will now take a break. I still have my club team here at home, the 60-and-over Tucson Old Timers, but even that is questionable as I, this year alone, have recovered from foot problems, hand problems, trigger finger, skin cancer scares, shoulder problems, and now another hammy has popped up front and center and will keep me out of the lineup for a while.

Regarding the major leagues, I purposely didn't write much about the Arizona Diamondbacks during the regular 162-game schedule. I didn't want to jinx them, I guess. As it turns out, the Diamondbacks didn't exactly roll into the wild-card round after a three-game series at home with Houston last week in which they combined to score one run.

But they are in and face Milwaukee in a three-game series beginning today.

The NFL season has four weeks in the books, and Philadelphia and San Francisco are the only two unbeaten teams at 4-0.

As for college football, I'll leave Prime Time Coach Deion Sanders and the Colorado Buffaloes out of the equation and talk about my Arizona Wildcats. They are now 3-2 with wins over NAU, UTEP, and Stanford while dropping hard-fought games to Mississippi State and 7th-ranked Washington.

It's a sad season as the Pac-12 comes to an end after the 2023 season.

The college basketball season is just weeks away. I can't wait to see how the Arizona Wildcats do this year. Tucson is still a basketball town!



No comments:

Post a Comment