Saturday, August 9, 2014

Johnny Dugan at 20,000 words and counting!


From my laptop...

I'm rolling along with the Return of Johnny Dugan, a baseball book for everyone. I just blew by 20,000 words on "Johnny" --  a new fiction book with characters like the McPherson brothers -- Bugs, Boomer, Bumper and Booker T from my original middle reader book, Billy's Victory. Now it's 1969, the McPherson brothers are seven years older and there's a new coach in town and a new backdrop up the road from Green River --  now a budding metropolis called Pearl City --- with baseball fans galore, including Sam Marino, a grounds-keeper at Rasmussen Stadium, who battles the odds in hopes of restoring the old ballpark in time for the Pearl City Pirates season opener.

There's more to Johnny Dugan than meets the eye and the baseball fans of Pearl City discover more and more about the new stranger in town as the book progresses.

When I get up every morning and peck away at the old laptop, I'm not sure if I'm in Tucson, Arizona or Pearl City, Colorado.

Stay tuned!

Note: you can find Billy's Victory and my recent adult book, The Legend of Bucket Smith at the Kindle store on Amazon.com. Go to the book search at: amazon.com/kindlebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment