Sunday, August 3, 2014

Goldy and me...


It hasn't been a good week for D-backs' first baseman Paul Goldschimdt and for the Tucson Old Timers (TOTS) third baseman, Pigpen Price.

Goldy is drilled by Pittsburgh's Ernesto Frieri on Friday -- the inside and high pitch hit Goldy just above the ring finger on his left hand. With 50 games to go in the season, chances are Goldschmidt will be out for the remainder of the D-backs regular schedule. There will be no postseason for the Diamondbacks, so Goldy can look toward 2015. But what a 109-game season for Goldschmidt! He led the National League in doubles and extra-base hits, tied for first in runs scored, second in total bases and third in RBIs and walks.

The big hitters in the NL and the AL will pass him by as the season heads into the final lap.

What a shame!

As for me, it's the case of another fractured bone spur as I head to the foot surgeon on Friday for x-rays. Played three games in a row last week -- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday morning I couldn't walk -- couldn't put pressure on my left foot.

It was just three years ago when I had the same thing happen to my right foot. I was out for four months following the surgery. Jury is still out on whether I can suit up for the MSBL/MABL World Series in Phoenix, which gets underway in mid-October.

Until then, it'll be just me and my laptop.

2 comments:

  1. Dan, I'm sorry about your injury. Is this injury a result of just so much wear and tear or do you remember a specific instance when you hurt it? I think I have two more days and am going to miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On-going bone spur problem -- history of it both hands and both feet...hope to avoid surgery this time...will know more on Friday.

    ReplyDelete