Sunday, July 22, 2012

The leaders go BUNKERS! Els wins the Open



All the leaders on the final day go bonkers...I mean BUNKERS!

The Big Easy comes out of nowhere, birdies the 18th hole to card a 68 and a 7-under 273 and then watches from the practice tee as Adam Scott bogeys the final four holes to squander away the 2012 British Open. Scott shoots a 75 and finishes with a 6-under 274. Amazing! Scott and his caddy, Steve Williams, walk off  the 18th tee, shaking their heads. A reluctant Els, surprised as anybody, awaits the presentation of the Claret Jug.

The first comment from Els, after his British Open win, "I feel for my buddy." His buddy is Adam Scott. Scott's comment, I won't let this get me down."

Tiger Woods finishes four strokes back -- three of those where from the green-side bunker on the sixth hole. A surprising finish, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment