Saturday, July 14, 2012

My fantasy baseball team makes a move



My fantasy baseball team moved from 12th place to 10th last week as I finished second in points in the 12-team Weekend Baseball League. I still have a long way to go and my chances of making the fantasy league's playoffs are pretty slim. It looks like my top two players may be out for the season. Without Troy Tulowitski and Evan Longoria...and also currently without pitchers  Roy Halladay and CC Sabathia, it will be tough on me to make a move for the top. It's still been fun and I'm looking forward to the second half of the fantasy league, but as you can see there's a lot of luck involved with injuries playing a big part in grabbing those fantasy points.

My starters for this week: c-Saltalamacchia-BOS, 1b-Goldschmidt-AZ, 2b-Infante-MIA, 3b-Zimmerman-WAS, ss-Barmes-PIT, dh-Choo-CLE, outfielders-Harper-WAS, Reddick-OAK and Upton-TPA. Available pitchers - Oswalt-TEX, Burnett-PIT, Scherzer-DET, Westbrook-STL and Jackson-WAS. There's a chance my top two pitchers -- Halladay-PHI and Sabathia -NYY could be back by Tuesday, which would change things in my rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment