Saturday, July 7, 2012

The backdrop for the Return of Bucket Smith

Many of my readers are already asking, "Why did you come up with the area of Cordes Junction, just north of Phoenix, as the setting for your fiction book, The Return of Bucket Smith?  It didn't take much to put that idea in my head. I remember, many years ago, when my parents pulled in for gas at the little blink in the road. There was a cafe, just off the beaten path, and they had the best banana cream pie I had ever tasted. There was just a few buildings and a gas station, or two, but it was such a pretty area. Well, my readers know the way my mind wanders, so I thought to myself, what would it be like, if this little spot in the road had some townspeople, some characters, maybe a library, a town square and some drama. Thus, the beginning, the birth of The Return of Bucket Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment