Saturday, July 28, 2012

Collmenter bends but does not break


Josh Collmenter allowed five runs in six innings, but he bends and does not break as the Diamondbacks use a six-run second inning and a few more runs along the way to beat the New York Mets last night at Chase Field, 11-5.

The Diamondbacks, at 50-50 on the season, will send Ian Kennedy to the mound today in the third game of the four-game series. I'm happy to report, I'll be there, cheering on my Diamondbacks. My son is treating me to a birthday present -- a day at the ball park. My grandson and daughter-in-law will also make the trip as we pile in the car in hopes of getting to Chase Field in time to watch both the Diamondbacks and Mets hustle through batting practice. Happy Birthday to me! Okay, my birthday was on July 2, but this is one belated present worth waiting for. It would be icing on the cake if Kennedy tosses a gem and the D'backs put another 11 runs -- or more, on the board. We'll be high in the rafters, but just maybe  Justin Upton will send a ball or two our way. Go, Diamondbacks!

Photo: Josh delivers!

No comments:

Post a Comment