Monday, September 13, 2010

Team Priceless and the Grey Ghosts battle to the wire...



My Fantasy Football League Update: Wow! What a nailbiter. Did my first game in my first season of Fantasy Football have to be so hard?

Tonight, on Monday Night Football, Team Priceless hooked up with a worthy opponent, the Grey Ghosts, which is owned and managed by an old friend of mine of more than forty years. Now, mind you, I had close to a 50-point lead over the Grey Ghosts when the game between the Baltimore Ravens and the New York Jets got underway. I had to sweat through that one as I had only one player active for the night -- Jets wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery. The Jets' passing game was downright dismal, to say the least, and Cotchery caught one pass the whole night as the Ravens edged New York, 10-9. Needless to say, I had zilch --not one player on either roster in the nightcap, which pitted the Kansas City Chiefs up against the visiting San Diego Chargers. But by pure luck I was able to hang on and Team Priceless escaped with a 117-112 win as the Chiefs held off the Chargers, 21-14.

The majority of my points in my first try as an owner of a Fantasy Football team came on Sunday, as Eli Manning (NY Giants), Rashard Mendenhall (Pittsburgh), Jahvid Best (Detroit) and Larry Fitzgerald (Arizona) combined for 68 of my 117 points. Hats off to those four players for providing the spark that led to my first-ever Fantasy Football win!

No comments:

Post a Comment