Friday, September 10, 2010

Low scoring game at NFL opener makes for a wide-open Fantasy week



My Fantasy Football League Update: The low-scoring affair in the NFL opener last night should make for a wide-open week for the teams in my Fantasy Football league.

My buddy, the one who talked me into joining the league this season, picked up Drew Brees and Pierre Thomas in the draft, so he gained a head start in points last night thanks to the passing of Brees and the running of Thomas. But Brees threw just one TD pass and Thomas recorded the other score in the Saints' 14-9 win over Brett Favre and the Vikings. Two surprises last night: Brees didn't connect with his receivers for four or five TDs and Minnesota's QB, Mr. Favre, played all four quarters without receiving a big blow to that 40-year-old body of his. Advantage to my buddy's squad, The A Team, at least for the moment, but Monday night is a long way off and there's bound to be some big-point totals. Anxious to see how it all pans out.

By the way, my team, Team Priceless, is still stuck on zero. Sunday, my boys will be in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment