Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fantasy draft left me on the outside looking in...




My first Fantasy Draft was pretty easy.

In our league it was an automatic draft, so I didn't do much, but sit back and await the final results. I didn't get Mr. Brees, or Mr. Peyton Manning, nor did I end up with Aaron Rodgers. The QB I did get was Eli Manning and I did manage to haul in some pretty good receivers in Larry Fitzgerald, Jerricho Cotchery and Terrell Owens. I quickly took a waiver, following the draft, and added Arizona's Early Doucet to my roster, although he's not a starter I like the way he plays...and his name , of course. Luckily, I have running back Rashard Mendenhall at one of my spots and I went with newcomer Jahvid Best ( a former Pac-10 bolt of lightning)at the other spot.

My fellow Fantasy League owners will probably shake their heads at that one due to the fact he's not a starter for the Detroit Lions. I remember that fellow from a couple of years back, boy did he give every secondary in the Pac-10 fits. It's Miller time as far as tight ends go as I own the contracts of Zach Miller and Heath Miller. I also have two more QB's on my roster -- Kevin Kolb and Mark Sanchez, kickers Stephen Gostkowski and Nick Folk, running back Marion Barber, tight end Marcedes Lewis and wide receiver Juaquin Iglesias.

We're allowed two defenses to round out our rosters. I ended up with the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens. So that's it, my first Fantasy Football roster and I'll have my hands full on the first week as I go up against a team that has Mr. Rodgers. Still, it could be worse. I'm sure there will be some jockeying around after Week 1, but all in all, I'm ready to get it on. I'll keep you posted, win or lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment