Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Fantasy Football League gets underway Thursday...




It's time for the NFL and Fantasy Football! My 10-team league includes some pretty tough competition. I'm the new guy on the block and I get the feeling I will get pushed around a lot. This is my initial season and these guys are gonna be tough to beat. Let's take a glance at what I'm up against.

The Big Dawgs will be at the top of the pack in my book. They have Peyton Manning and one of their keys players is T.J. Houshmandzadeh (my goodness his name is as long as a football field). Team Army looks like a hand full with quarterbacks Matt Ryan and Donovan McNabb...and Mr. Randy Moss to boot. And then there's the team Mega Powers, led by two signal-callers, Alex Smith and Kyle Orton. If that's not enough they have Mr. Adrian Peterson as well. Oh yes, the A Team has quarterback Drew Brees and running back Pierre Thomas, and I like the team, Grey Ghost with Aaron Rodgers at the helm and wide receiver Anquan Boldin as their key player. And then there's Team Smith with a roster that includes RB Beanie Wells and two outstanding quarterbacks in Tom Brady and Tony Romo.

Add to that a team called Big Red with a key player in Chris Johnson. The QB is Ben Roethlisberger, so the owner may need to do some shuffling for a few weeks. But look for that team to be tough down the stretch. Not to be overlooked is Team Arps with quarterbacks Matt Schaub and Carson Palmer, along with key player DeSean Jackson. The sleeper of the bunch could be a team called the Meat Eaters. They got the old guy, Brett Favre, and one of their key players is Michael Turner. That leaves Team Priceless. Can Team Priceless hang in there with quarterback Eli Manning and a handful of talented receivers such as Larry Fitzgerald,Terrell Owens and Jerricho Cotchery, along with a hard-running back in Rashard Mendenhall? Let's hope! Let's tee it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment