Saturday, October 22, 2022

The Butterfly Effect

 My donut travels...


I stopped at a cafe.

It is what I do in my search for characters-- especially characters in my age group who have been through the trials and tribulations of life. So, of course, I struck up a conversation. That's what I do. As it turns out, the man sitting next to me is 81, just three years older than yours truly, and can barely hear out of his right ear.

The gentleman had a laptop with him. For some reason, I had left mine at home.

We discovered we both dabbled in writing and had some non-selling books out there... somewhere.

I didn't bother to go into my stuff much. The hearing thing, you see. The gentleman said he had written a book called Whispers in Your Heart. His name is Stephen G. Scalese, and he is not associated with the guy in Congress; this pleasant gentleman has a G. for an initial in the middle of his name.

We talked for a good hour. I listened, but I'm not sure he did. He said he was writing a new book about The Butterfly Effect.

As a social butterfly, I was engrossed in listening to the man. Why? Mainly because he's three years older and carries around a laptop. I human right up my alley.

If you want to check him out and his Whispers in Your Heart.  It's about the world we live in.

It was a pleasant hour at the coffee shop.



No comments:

Post a Comment