Friday, December 5, 2014

The rush is over for Arizona football fans


Arizona Wildcats Football


It had been a banner year for the 2014 Arizona Wildcats.

And then came Game 13.

Number 13 is an unlucky number -- especially for the University of Arizona football team, at least it was tonight in Santa Clara, California as the Wildcats lost 51-13 to the No. 2 Oregon Ducks in the Pac-12 Championship game and fall to 10-3 on the season.

A 10-3 season will not get you to the Rose Bowl, the Cotton Bowl or the Sugar Bowl, but a split with Oregon this season and 10 wins might get you a Fiesta Bowl invite.

We'll know the answer in a few days.

The answer to why the Arizona Wildcats played so badly at  Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara may take some additional time to dissect. One reason for sure is the play of Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota who ran and passed the Ducks to an easy win.

I love my Wildcats and wherever the Wildcats play Game 14, I'll be on the edge of my seat, watching -- as usual, but let's not sugarcoat it, the game in Santa Clara tonight was a disaster for the Arizona players and for every fan in every tavern in Tucson from 4th Avenue to the Tanque Verde Guest Ranch.

Just a week ago I was yelling and screaming my head off at a local Pub, along with a packed house full of Arizona fans, tonight I sat alone in the comfort of my own home and quietly shook my head as Oregon stunned, demolished and embarrassed my Arizona Wildcats.

Oh well, Game 14 awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment