Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wildcats drop to 4th in AP poll


The Arizona Wildcats get very little respect. How many times does a top ten team win both of its game one week and fall in the Associated Poll the following Monday? Not very many. I'm not privy to such records, but I'd wager a bet that it hasn't happened very often to a collegiate powerhouse from the Eastern Seaboard. Can you see Duke winning both of its scheduled games by the slimmest of margins and falling in the AP standings come Monday morning?  Or Michigan, or Louisville, or Indiana. Well, you get the drift.

Sure, I'm an Arizona Wildcat fan and I'm a bit frustrated at the down-to-the-last second wins in the last couple of weeks, but give me a break. Arizona falls to No. 4 this week behind Duke, Michigan and Louisville. Those poll setters are just waiting for the Arizona Wildcats to lose, so they can drop them down past the top-25 to the also-ran category.

If Duke, Michigan and Louisville lose one in the next week or two and Arizona continues to win, would they still rank my Wildcats as No. 4?

I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles, but I sure get frustrated with the lack of respect given to teams from the West.

Come on Arizona, blow by Oregon and Oregon State this week. It may not make a difference to the poll setters, but it would sure make the Arizona fans feel better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment