Monday, January 7, 2013

It's my turn



TOTS Senior Baseball Network  (TSBN)

60-and-over baseball


It's my turn to take the mound today (see top photo). It's Monday morning and the first pitch at Udall Park in our old timers game is about two hours away. It's currently 34 degrees and it might warm up to the mid 40s by game time. I go up against another hard-throwing right hander, Bob Daliege, and we both will bundle up for the first few innings and will shed the windbreakers by the fourth inning. I could be in for a real battle today. Bob (bottom photo) has improved his pitching over the last few months and at 64 years of age is three years younger than me.


Good luck, Bob...and may the Force be with you.

TOT Game Update: Bob Daliege goes the distance, pitches all seven inning as Team Blue defeats Team White 8-3 at Udall Park today. Yours truly allows four runs and gives way to reliever Chico Bigham in the fifth inning. Team Blue picks up four more runs in the bottom of the fifth and Daliege shuts down Team White in the sixth and seventh to pick up his second win in as many tries.

As for me, I struck out two and walked three in four innings. At the plate, not so good. I went 0 for 2 and a walk and failed to score. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment