Sunday, October 24, 2010

From 120 miles away...



In the Stands Report by Bookemdano: I'm 120 miles away and still hanging in there in the Mens Senior Baseball League (MSBL) World Series, but I think I heard the roar of the crowd every few minutes during the Arizona-Washington game at Arizona Stadium last night.

Up here in Phoenix, the ASU fans were not happy campers as their Sun Devils lost big time to California.

As for me...and the Arizona fans, well, we are just as happy as we can be. Great Scott! Without Mr. Foles, the Wildcats parlayed a balanced rushing and passing attack to dismantle the visiting Washington Huskies, 44-14. And you all know the story by now, so I'm going to hit the hot tub and get my body ready for the next seven days of baseball at the MSBL as our 65-and-over team, the Tucson Golden Aces, open play tomorrow morning against an Indiana team.

Getting back to football, you got to hand it to Matt Scott who took over for Nick Foles and led the Wildcats to win No. 6 on the season. He passed for 233 yards and rushed for 65 yards. Keola Antolin looked like a freight train, at times, as he rushed, mostly up the middle, for 114 yards. The Arizona defense was solid once again, led by Paul Vassalo, who collected 14 tackles, 9 unassisted. And high praise goes out to Juron Criner, once again, as he hauled in eight passes for 108 yards.

As for baseball, my first week in the MSBL World Series is over and our sixth place finish was not exactly what we were looking for. But we gave it our all. I didn't exactly swing a hot bat the first week. I started out 4 for 5 and it looked I was on my way to a good week at the plate, but I struggled down the stretch, going 0 for 10, with two strike outs. I hope to get it going against Indiana. Health-wise, I'm struggling a bit with a sore back, a pulled hamstring and an aching shoulder. Otherwise, I'm good to go. Go Wildcats, and go Tucson Golden Aces!

No comments:

Post a Comment