Sunday, October 31, 2010

I'm walkin' like Walter Brennan this weekend...




I'm walking like Walter Brennan this weekend. You all remember Walter that crazy ole coot that won three Academy Awards and a fourth nomination for his supporting roles between 1936-1941.

  remember him most from the TV show, The Real McCoys and from the old John Wayne flick, Rio Bravo, when he played the role of Deputy Stumpy. And if you want to go way back, I can still see that grin of his in The Westerner (1940) when he hobbled around town with Gary Cooper.

Brennan died in 1974 at the age of 80 in Oxnard, California.

Getting back to me, after two weeks of play in the MSBL in Phoenix, I'm hobbling around on my two old legs, just like Walter did on the screen for so many years. It is going to take some time to recupriate. So, maybe I'll insert my old Rio Bravo CD, settle back on the sofa, and watch Stumpy stumble around for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment