Sunday, September 18, 2022

My granddaughter in Tucson is following the Yellow Brick Road

 

My Tucson family includes a Mama and a Papa: one a captain with the fire department, the other a busy lady in the real estate field and they are the owners of three of my grandchildren...well they are not children anymore: two are high school graduates -- Jadon and Hannah -- and they are out amongst the population in the city making a living and charting their course in life.

My young granddaughter is on her way to stardom and is currently a sophomore in high school. It seemed like it was just the other day my granddaughter Bree was one of six children -- all performing as Dorothy in a week long school play: The Wizard of Oz.

I thought I was old then as I sat in the audience, wondering were all the years had gone. Five years later, here I sit, at my desk, typing away on my laptop and recalling an event from years ago -- knowing full well Bree, shown on the left, holding the flowers, will be driving soon.

I said at the time: "I think I'll click my heels, head home and take a nap."

Now, I'm really ancient.

I can see clearly now that we all are searching for that yellow brick road. It's a long road and it is called: life. Dorothy lived in Kansas and a tornado whisked her away to a fantasy land where the Munchkins lived and the little people were tormented by the Wicked Witch of the East...and the story begins.

Dorothy will eventually make it back to Kansas, after all this is a kid's fantasy story, not a movie directed by Quentin Tarantino.

In real life, my granddaughter will become famous. Of course, she already is!




No comments:

Post a Comment