Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Bookemdanosports reaches 4, 000 posts, begins its 13th year

 To all my followers out there: Bookemdanosports has reached another milestone: 4, 000 posts.



 My first post was back in the spring of 2009. While vacationing in Greer, Arizona, I sat on the patio at a resort and eyed the beautiful pine trees to the north. My first posts involved my 60-and-over baseball team, the Tucson Old Timers, and included four "young men" who are no longer with us Chico Bigham, Jerry Smarik, Clarence Fieber and Bobby Katz. We miss them dearly and all the other ball players we've lost as well, dating all the way back to 1968 when the amateur baseball organization began. The TOTS are still ticking and in the midst of its 54th season.

The coronavirus has done a number on us all, but we're still ticking and still swinging...

...and still blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment