Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Daliege hits his first inside-the-park homer with the TOTS


Tucson Old Timers (TOTS)

60-and-over baseball






Bob Daliege, 66, is one of the top hitters on the 60-and-over Tucson Old Timers (TOTS) baseball club. Daliege, a member of the TOTS since 2010, is known more as a pull hitter, but today at Udall Park he went 3 for 5 -- including an opposite-field, inside-the-park home run.

"That's my first homer with the TOTS," Daliege said, after the game. "I have yet to hit one over the fence, but it's not for the lack of trying."

Daliege was the only bright spot for Team Blue today as they score just three runs against Team White and lose, 11-3. Daliege's shot down the first baseline accounted for two of the runs.

Chico Bigham, 76, was the big hitter for Team White today. Bigham went 4 for 5 and knocked in six runs.

The TOTS will be back at Udall Park on Friday for their third game of the week.

Photos: (top photo) Bob Daliege, (bottom photo) Chico Bigham.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Bob and Chico--I don't know if I could run around all the bases on a loose ball. But that will be the only way I could get a home run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, I was on first when Bob hit the ball down the line...I could hardly catch my breath by the time I reached home. In a few weeks I'll be 70 and I'm feeling it.

    ReplyDelete