Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking forward to 2013


The final hours of 2012 are dwindling away. It's time for those new year resolutions. You know,  those promises you make to yourself, like: lose weight, stop smoking, stop drinking and exercise more. Or bigger things like: find a job, rid yourself of debt, or win the lottery. This year I think I'll just make a few minor adjustments and the heck with it. First, cut down on the trips to the donut shop, or at least leave out the donuts. After all, I don't smoke, I drink a lot less alcohol (none really, except for an occasional Margarita), and I limit my candy intake, so I think I'll continue with my daily cup of Dunkin' Donut coffee. My biggest Christmas gift this year: a gift card (you guessed it) to be used at any Dunkin' Donut shop.

Secondly, I'll be 68 in July, so there's no reason to look for a job, besides I'm getting the hang of living on social security. My secret: stay at home and don't buy anything. The fact I have socks in my top dresser drawer from the 1970s is something I'll continue to overlook. As for the lottery, I doubt I'll bother. For years now, I've been lucky if I can come up with one number per ticket, much less two, or three. From what I understand, you need to get all the numbers to win. And the winner, well, they historically come from someone 3,000 miles away at a country store in the middle of nowhere in a town  I never heard of.

I have decided to just look forward to 2013. Be happy with just getting up in the morning, let the bones rattle a bit and then have at it. Instead of resolutions, I'll just make some wishes. Stay healthy, keep on playing the game of baseball and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment